Foot and Mouth Disease – the Farm’s Response
In relation to the recent outbreak of Foot and Mouth Disease in Indonesia: while the risk of Foot and Mouth Disease arriving in Australia is still low, we have put a few measures in place to help keep the risk low and protect our animals.
These following changes are now in place:
- Please do not visit the Farm if you have travelled to Indonesia in the last 7 days
- Please do not visit the Farm if you own or have visited a property with livestock (excluding horses)
- Please be extra vigilant around hand washing before and after eating and avoid having food near our pigs, goats, sheep and cows.
- Please be on the lookout for changes to animal access for our at risk animals (sheep, goats, pigs and cows).
- For more information about Foot and Mouth Disease and how we are addressing the problem please contact us.
The measures are not mandates, however we greatly appreciate your help in following them to help protect our amazing animals. We look forward to seeing you down at the Farm soon!